Humor from Newsbiscuit:
Another Barclays Bank customer was refused the loan of a pen earlier today, when he needed to fill out a paying-in slip. Dominic Jenkins, 27 found himself without a pen in the Maidenhead branch, but was informed of a change of policy by the bank, whose pens are now firmly glued inside the little pen holders. 'During the current economic climate, we cannot be expected to sanction the loan of biros without guarantees of adequate security' said a Barclays spokesman.
The pen-lending crisis has escalated despite a government bail out which saw the Treasury giving the banks millions and millions of ball-points. 'We went through all the drawers at 11 Downing Street explained Alistair Darling, 'trying out all the old biros to see if they had any ink in them. We even gave them those free ones you get from the charities to make you feel guilty.' But despite the massive transfer of public pens to the banking sector, financial institutions remain nervous of lending any writing instruments to their customers.
'They said I could borrow a biro if I filled out the six page form Lf/20b 'Application for a Ballpoint Loan,'' said Mr Jenkins. But I couldn't fill out the form because he didn't have a pen.'
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Humor from Newsbiscuit:
A close-up of bass player and composer Charlie Mingus as he and his five-year-old daughter await eviction by the City of New York. (1968)
- Cartoonist Alan Moore, the Guy Fawkes Mask, and Occupy Wall Street
- 'The History of Oil - by Robert Newman
- Can Dialectics Break Bricks?
- Riots or revolt? - An insight into why Greece is now in flames
- Salvador Dali expounds on his 'Paranoiac Critical Method' philosophy
- The Last Roundup
- The Merchant of Death: Basil Zaharoff
- UPDATED: Warriors out of their minds: Drugs of choice for super soldiers
- Holocaust Deniers - a growing club
- Smokey the Bear Sutra by Gary Snyder
- Twilight of the Psychopaths
- The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892
- Jacques Ellul on Propaganda
Last Month's 13 Most Viewed Entries
- The pineal gland: Interface between the physical and spiritual planes?
- Uganda: Devil worship
- Obama and the Anti-Christ
- '1984: Grace Commission Report under Ronald Reagan showed IRS is a fraud that collects taxes for the Banking Dynasties'
- The Illuminated Ones
- Martial Law declared in United States
- Illuminati Occult Symbolism in The 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony
- Israeli women take off clothes for Egypt “nude revolutionary” blogger
- The Bollywood star who nearly became Pakistan's First Lady
- Belgian Police brutality in action! Warning- this is upsetting
- Gregg Braden - A Field Exists That Connects Everything Together - The Ether Field
- Noble Gas Engine
- Hopi and Tibetan Buddhist Prophecies - The Connection