Sunday, April 26, 2009
Nikolas Asimos (20 August 1949 - 17 March 1988) was a Greek composer and singer. His real last name was Asimopoulos. Asimos was a very special case of a counter-culture artist, mostly because of his choice of lifestyle. His behaviour and songs were often received as provocatory by the general public. He was a person with strong political opinions. Ideoligically, he could be categorised as an anarchist but himself never accepted his categorisation into a specific political ideology.
The judge who presided over the recent Pirate Bay trial has denied he had a "conflict of interest", after a Swedish radio station revealed he is a member of the country's main copyright association.
Sveriges Radio, described as Sweden's answer to the BBC, said that judge Norström is not only a member of the Swedish Copyright Association but also sits on the board of the Swedish Association for the Protection of Industrial Property, an organisation that lobbies for tougher copyright laws. The four co-founders of Pirate Bay were found guilty last week of charges relating to copyright infringement.
Judge Norström today denied his involvement with the two pro-copyright organisations constituted a "conflict of interest" in his ability to preside over the most high-profile trial involving illegal filesharing in European history. The defendants, Fredrik Neij, Gottfrid Svartholm, Peter Sunde and and Carl Lundström, were found guilty on 33 specific charges of making files accessible for illegal sharing. They have been ordered to pay a fine of €2.7m (£2.4) and have been sentenced to one year in prison. The verdict was decided by both the judge and jury.
~ more... ~
- Cartoonist Alan Moore, the Guy Fawkes Mask, and Occupy Wall Street
- 'The History of Oil - by Robert Newman
- Can Dialectics Break Bricks?
- Riots or revolt? - An insight into why Greece is now in flames
- Salvador Dali expounds on his 'Paranoiac Critical Method' philosophy
- The Last Roundup
- The Merchant of Death: Basil Zaharoff
- UPDATED: Warriors out of their minds: Drugs of choice for super soldiers
- Holocaust Deniers - a growing club
- Smokey the Bear Sutra by Gary Snyder
- Twilight of the Psychopaths
- The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892
- Jacques Ellul on Propaganda
Last Month's 13 Most Viewed Entries
- The pineal gland: Interface between the physical and spiritual planes?
- Uganda: Devil worship
- Obama and the Anti-Christ
- '1984: Grace Commission Report under Ronald Reagan showed IRS is a fraud that collects taxes for the Banking Dynasties'
- The Illuminated Ones
- Martial Law declared in United States
- Illuminati Occult Symbolism in The 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony
- Israeli women take off clothes for Egypt “nude revolutionary” blogger
- The Bollywood star who nearly became Pakistan's First Lady
- Belgian Police brutality in action! Warning- this is upsetting
- Gregg Braden - A Field Exists That Connects Everything Together - The Ether Field
- Noble Gas Engine
- Hopi and Tibetan Buddhist Prophecies - The Connection